Saturday, 25 February 2012

Song Writing*: I Ka Barra by Habib Koite


Song Writing*: I Ka Barra by Habib Koite
I am on an empty street
Dancing
Just dancing away
I’m not sure what I am doing
Or who may be watching me from their houses
Wondering if my mind has been ubducted
From who knows what
I just dance
And let the rhythem of my heart
Lead the way
I’m not sure what will come tomorrow
Or how I will deal with the problems of today
But right now
I am just dancing
Spinning
Running away from my life
And into my fantisies
Where there is no work
No responsibilities
Where I can just dance free
And sing my heart out
With my energy growing stronger and stronger
Instead of the other way around
I wish for a day
When we can all join together
And just dance the day away
And get along
Not worrying about the differences we all have
But instead just celebrating
What we all make up
A community
A world
A beautiful painting
That we can all make
Together


*NOTE: song writing is when I listen to a song and write what comes to mind at the moment I am listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment