I am from miles
and miles of sand
which was only three meters really
and miles of sand
which was only three meters really
And enclosed like a picture
but it was there I sat
alone
my hands submerged
in coins, leaves, keys, little soldiers
and miles
and miles of sand.
I couldn't go on the playground
'cause I'd have to run
to horribly have to huff hysterically
while the cats raced to the other end
but it was there I sat
alone
my hands submerged
in coins, leaves, keys, little soldiers
and miles
and miles of sand.
I couldn't go on the playground
'cause I'd have to run
to horribly have to huff hysterically
while the cats raced to the other end
Snickering under their breath
As I tried to run behind
To join in the world of happiness and belonging
they knew I would never keep up
my face was wet even when the sun smiled.
We were a population of a gazillion
and one
all the same, except me
the one
human
who's only friends
were the gazillion grains of sand.
It must be true
that opposites attract
for all the sand and I had in common
was the rain be our foe.
And all those who were like me
would never come near me.
they knew I would never keep up
my face was wet even when the sun smiled.
We were a population of a gazillion
and one
all the same, except me
the one
human
who's only friends
were the gazillion grains of sand.
It must be true
that opposites attract
for all the sand and I had in common
was the rain be our foe.
And all those who were like me
would never come near me.
I am from miles
And miles of sand
And although I have broken the gates
Sometimes I have to return

Pooja, I have deep respect for the way you pour your heart on the page. You have a lovely poem growing here. Bring me a print copy for some suggestions for revision.
ReplyDeleteI love its sentiment!
Thanks Ms Sjodin! I would love any help I can get! :D
Delete